Leona the Chicken Struts

Alphabe-Thurs weekly challenge: Letter Q!

Do chickens quack?

Of course not. They cluck.

But Marge heard quacking, and it was not Leona, who was strutting around in her new chicken outfit:

It was her daughter. Yaking at her again about how it wasn’t normal to keep a chicken in the house, let alone in diapers and now striped zippered outfits.

Marge thought about telling her it was actually quite normal. About the designer Honetschlaeger who actually had his own chicken clothing label. That there were even chicken fashion shoots!

Instead she told her: “You sound like a duck.”

That stopped her daughter’s quacking in its tracks. “A what?”

“You’re quacking like a duck. I just hear quacking.”

Her daughter got up to leave, rattling her key chain as she would when about to rush off. “Well, maybe that’s what I’ll find next. A duck in your bathtub.”

The tub. The guest bath, she never used it….she would have to Google it. Duck outfits.

This entry was posted in fiction, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Leona the Chicken Struts

1. Fun post ~ very creative for Q ~

2. Tara Adams says:

Would it surprise you to know that I’ve had a duck in my bathtub?

3. Joyce says:

Your chickens are not what chickens are usually quacked up to be. Fun story.

4. Erin says:

Great Q post! Very funny! 🙂 I like the chicken’s outfit. Never seen one dressed up before!

5. i see nothing wrong with a duck in the tub!

6. Your comment on my post is so spot on! you rock!

7. Tracy says:

I thought my daughter buying small dog outfits for her rabbit was crazy

8. k~ says:

hehehehhe… I like this quacky post 😉

9. This is hilarious and the picture is priceless!

10. Shosh says:

That is quite peculiar! LOL. I find myself so entertained. thank you.

tried to leave you a comment on your wordless weds but it wouldn’t take. Anyway, wanted to say delightful pics! I have similar ones of our boys that age, in a creek near their Gramma’s house.

11. Anne says:

Lots of fun here with a quite interesting Q post! Thanks for the sahre and the nice visit!

12. Stacia says:

I need one of those striped, zippered get-ups!

13. Aunt Mary says:

I liked the colorful outfit ( the diaper :P) the chicken is wearing 😀
    Very funny post! Loved it 🙂

14. Quack, quack, quack! Hehe Quite an amusing post, Sandra! Love your wit and your humor! 🙂

15. Chicken fashion shoots♫ That must be something to see! Thanks for sharing. My Q effort: http://lmkazmierczak.blogspot.com/2013/03/quogue.html

16. Short, odd but fun. I used to have a pullover just like that. Does hat make me quackers? Sorry.