The Diapered Old Hen

Trifecta word challenge. This week’s word is exhaust with the third definition:

3a : to consider or discuss (a subject) thoroughly or completely

Marge thought she’d exhausted every option on how to keep the old hen. It was only the one chicken, Leona, who got left behind after her neighbor Ted died, and the new owners tore down his old coop.

Leona had taken to hiding under Marge’s deck, until she enclosed a small area with cheap plastic fencing from Home Depot. The hen barely lasted the first night, as a raccoon almost got her.

So Maggie brought the chicken inside.

Leona made herself at home. She’d perch on the couch or toilet seat.

But a chicken can not be trained to use a kitty litter box. She would poop where she pleased, even on the dining room table.

Desperate, Marge Googled chickens as house pets. And came across this site:

Chicken diapers!

Not only that, but cute chicken outfits!

Leona could be an adorned chicken lady. Here she is on a date with Mr. Green-footed clad Rooster (in her dreams).

Don’t forget to link up with Old-Post Resurrection Hop!

17 Responses to The Diapered Old Hen

1. steph says:

That is hilarious. I love the title. It hints at a direction, then veers off. I’d actually like to have some chickens, but they wouldn’t last the night with all the raccoons, the foxes and coyotes in my area. Even in the coops they get taken, just like you see in old movies. So I’d have to diaper them and keep them in the house, and I don’t think I’m quite up to that!

2. Trifecta says:

Those chickens look amazing. 🙂

3. Bee says:

I can’t even imagine trying to put a diaper on a chicken. Great stuff!

4. kgwaite says:

This is just *soooo* wrong. As someone who used to keep chickens. Totally. Completely. Wrong.

Hilarious.

5. Draug419 says:

Just what will peeps think of next… (:

6. Well that was certainly something different. 🙂

7. omg I couldn´t stand chickens in my kitchen garden and stepping all over the flowers. Cannot begin to imagine the living room! lol

8. Annabelle says:

That’s too funny. I think I’m just as glad I am not likely to ever have need to keep chickens!

I first saw diapers on birds on a parrot at our local pet shop:)
      Wanted to ask you about what plugin that is for all those cool social buttons at the bottom of your posts? I don’t know what half of them are but maybe my readers would! well done Trifecta by the way….

9. Atreyee says:

Lol!This is so funny & those chicken outfits are cute.Loved this unique take on the prompt:-)

10. H.L. Pauff says:

I used to have neighbors that kept a chicken as a pet. It was not pretty

11. Now I want to put costumes on my chickens. That can’t end well. If I do I will post some pictures and let you know.

12. The image cracked me up. Diapering a chicken seems like it would be as enjoyable as trying to diaper a cat. Glad I’ll never have to find out 🙂

13. Rambly says:

The imagination you possess to come up with this is brilliant Sandra.

14. jody says:

just when you thought you’d seen it all….

15. k~ says:

Oh my heck! That made me laugh so hard I almost spit my tea out. Way to go!